Art Bites

Search This Blog

A collection of articles, art and artists we admire and appreciate.

Gerhard Richter a Contemporary Artist and Switching Gears

Gerhard Richter (German: [ˈʁɪçtɐ]; born 9 February 1932) is a German visual artist. Richter has produced abstract as well as photorealistic paintings, and also photographs and glass pieces.
In October 2012, Richter's Abstraktes Bild set an auction record price for a painting by a living artist at $34 million (£21 million).[1] This was exceeded in May 2013 when his 1968 piece Domplatz, Mailand (Cathedral square, Milan) was sold for $37.1 million (£24.4 million) in New York.[2] This was further exceeded in February 2015 when his painting Abstraktes Bild sold for $44.52 million (£30.4 million) in London at Sotheby's Contemporary Evening Sale.[3]

more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Richter  


View work at: https://www.gerhard-richter.com/en/art/paintings/abstracts/abstracts-19901994-31/abstract-painting-6773/?&categoryid=31&p=1&sp=32

Gerhard Richter is a very prolific artist able to switch gears on a dime. I admire artists that can shift from one style, medium and technique. As in my work www.gilliscontemporary.com  you can see a similar progression of my work over the years. I have created over twenty thousand works and on my way to surpass Picasso. 

I might not be making the mega millions per painting as Gerhard Richter, but I do feel a sort of accomplishment in my work over the past two dozen years of being a professional artist. I can say I paint for art sake, I might meed a kick in the but at times from my wife Glendy X. Mattalia to keep at it. It is my soul, I put out when I paint and one day collectors might see the value hopefully before the end of this story. This story is a chapter that still have many more to go.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment