Art Bites

Search This Blog

A collection of articles, art and artists we admire and appreciate.

Samuel Gillis and His Blue Period it not about the emotions its about how to afford more paint

Picasso and his Blue Period might have been  dark emotional roller coaster ride for the famous Pablo Picasso but who knows.
Pablo Picasso's Blue Period - 1901 to 1904. The Blue Period of Picasso is the period between 1900 and 1904, when he painted essentially monochromatic paintings in shades of blue and blue-green, only occasionally warmed by other colors.

more can be found at: https://www.pablopicasso.org/blue-period.jsp
Image found at: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.pablopicasso.org/images/paintings/the-blindmans-meal.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.pablopicasso.org/blue-period.jsp&h=654&w=650&tbnid=_bMApr1TpBDlVM:&q=picasso+and+blue+period&tbnh=160&tbnw=159&usg=AFrqEzcAUtUr8lEn6eIohoR_3P8UHDo-7w&vet=12ahUKEwjcq8DWiujcAhUpHDQIHUBGCqsQ9QEwAHoECAwQBg..i&docid=wExw7Cjk2F5BGM&client=firefox-b-1-ab&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjcq8DWiujcAhUpHDQIHUBGCqsQ9QEwAHoECAwQBg#h=654&imgdii=R_I8ZOl_eMLrKM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=159&vet=12ahUKEwjcq8DWiujcAhUpHDQIHUBGCqsQ9QEwAHoECAwQBg..i&w=650

.....................

Fast foward to 2018 Samuel Gillis a Chicago born and raised contemporary artist up and moved him and his family to California. Yeah Cali!  With 50 bucks and no real place to call home. Oh yeah sorry for some reason I can't take off ITALICS what? 

The Struggle from 2016 until FUCK!!! 2018 continues. There is a silver lining Yes!! Finally things are starting to look up. I found a full time job and kept a second job part time. Got paid last Thursday. POOF! money gone paid rent late nothing new. Now on my day off I find myself penniless at Starbucks chilling with an Ice tea with my last 3 bucks. At least I can say Starbucks has been kind to me and the wife. I give them art, I paint here so its my studio and my office. 

 As you guess it I do not have a studio here like I had in Chicago. I am use to working 15 Ft painting wall art. Now i sit at Starbucks painting only smalls. Drinking tea, working, gearing up to paint with the last of the supplies. SAD! right 46 and broke... Well its a mess I caused myself  by wanting to live a dream of being a great artist. I am great www.gilliscontemporary.com I think I am anyway. I have to admit there is so much talent and art in the world it makes it easier and more difficult to succeed. Thank you! Modern age of internet. 

Now that I dumped some sad ass baggage I say now it is my Blue Period I am not depressed I am literally broke. I can't say I am painting a Blue Period because of Sadness, Depression blah! blah! blah! I get it, I have been on the opposite side where life's a bitch and I am supper depressed etc. I feel maybe Picasso and his Blue Period might have been financial not due to depression. Who really knows what he went through. I was not there.

This is my thought of the day.

I leave you with my financial BLUE PERIOD 2018

www.gilliscontemporary.com

www.gilliscontemporary.com

www.gilliscontemporary.com


www.gilliscontemporary.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment